Would you like that UPS fried or charred?

Saturday, December 9, I got an e-mail from Josh. This e-mail was sent around 4:15am and indicated that the UPS in the network closet in Hydrosystems Lab had caught on fire and needed to be replaced…and that the network would be unprotected against surges until that happened. This caught my attention, but without pictures, I was unable to completely visualize the situation. I present to you, dear readers, the following photos for your enjoyment.





Note the exposed interiors of the lead acid batteries along the bottom of the chassis, where the plastic casing was melted away.

1 Comment

Leave a Comment